Monday, January 20, 2014


It was another beautiful weekend, although it could have been better.  Mark got sick and threw up all over me Thursday night and he threw up again a couple of times Friday.  Poor baby was sick, but he was so good about it.  After he threw up Thursday night and we were cleaning up in the bathroom, and told him we had to clean him up because he had yuckies all over him.  He looked at me apologetically and said, "Mommy, you have yuckies on you too." He was so good.  He only cried while he was sick and did exactly what I told him too.  We had to have a quick shower and put on new jammies and he was a good sport through it all.

Friday, he got sick again in the morning and was really tired.  All he wanted to do all day was cuddle on the couch and watch his shows, but later in the afternoon, he was feeling a lot better so we went to the mall.  I got roped into buying some new eyeliner at Nordstrom and found a couple of things at the Gap.

We had lunch at the food court.  There was a bunch of school age kids there.  It must have been a field trip - although I don't know what could be educational about a mall. Anyway, Mark saw all these big kids and wanted no help with anything.  In fact, he wanted me to sit at a different table.  WTH?!

Friday morning cuddle session with my monkey.

Having lunch at the mall. He did not want to make eye contact with me because he wanted me to sit at a different table while he ate like a big boy.

All smiles going to pick up Daddy from the airport Friday night.

I thought he was better on Saturday because he did so well on Friday and he seemed to be back to his old self in the morning, but he threw up in the car after we dropped Michael off for his playdate. It was all over him and the carseat. He had to sit in there like that until we got home, which was a good 10 minutes.  I felt so bad for my little guy.

After we got home and cleaned up, he wanted to play video game with Daddy.

Fortunately on Sunday, he was well again and we were able to make it to a friend's birthday party at the bounce house. And he had so much fun sliding down the bounce houses.  He was nervous at first, but once he went down a few times, he was a pro and wanted none of my help.

The boys played with their buddies all weekend and Michael had a playdate with Daniel on Saturday.  He got angry with me for arranging the playdate without consulting with him even though he had a good time.

Since they don't have school today, they had a couple of friends over for a sleepover.  They were disappointed that they had to go to bed at 10:30, but I'm sure they were up later than that talking and sneaking their iPads.

Waffle-eating machine this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment