Friday, January 03, 2014

January Pin-spired - Leopard, Lace and Leggings



Time to get Pin-spired with Shay at Mix and Match Mama, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo

I bought my first leopard print piece at Kirkland Homes.  Can you believe it?  I got a very pretty scarf and I love it!  This is the only leopard print piece I have and I think it goes well with anything.  Then I saw this pin on Pinterest and knew I had to recreate it. Stripes and leopard print - yes, please.



Here's my version with riding boots instead of heels. 

T-shirt - Gap Outlet (similar), Jeans - Vigoss, Scarf - Kirkland Home (similar), Boots - Frye

Then I decided to change it up a little and pair it with my camel cardigan and turquoise statement necklace.  I'm digging' this look too.
Cardigan  - TJMaxx (similar is a little shorter and lighter weight) Necklace - Charming Charlie (similar)

My next inspiration is a little more refined.  I love anything that is lace and immediately fell in love with this look when I saw it on Pinterest.

I don't have a navy blazer so I replaced it with a beige one. Then, to dress up the look a little more, I added the heels.



Then I tried pairing it with some flats.  Not as cute, but definitely a lot more practical when you're running around after a 2 year-old all day.

Blazer - Banana Republic, Jeans - Vigoss, Lace Tank - TJMaxx (I couldn't find anything similar, but this is a good option), Heels - Nine West (similar), Flats - Tory Burch

My third inspiration is the epitome of comfort.  I bought my chambray shirt on clearance at the Nordstrom Rack and have worn at least once a week.  I can get the preppy look paired with a pullover sweater or a super easy look like this one.


My shirt is a little bit longer which I actually prefer because is has more coverage down there.  The downside is that the tank layer is not as visible - which is what makes the inspirational outfit in my opinion.


Mark photo-bombed! 
Shirt - Nordstrom Rack (similar is a little shorter), Tank - Target (similar), Scarf - TJMaxx (similar), Boots - Frye

There you have it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your new year has started off wonderfully!

3 comments:

  1. Love them all! Stopping by from the Pinspired linkup!

    Nicole
    http://cardigansandcorduroys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your looks! I have yet to mix leopard and stripes but you make me want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love leopard and stripes!

    ReplyDelete