Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up...and a Little Complaining

Urgh..Everytime I think I've got things down, something happens. My hand me down iMac just died and now I've got to learn how to upload, organize and use my pictures on a PC again. Since I've started working with the Mac, I've really grown to like it.  It was just so easy to use. We may get a Mac Mini to replace the iMac. I just hate spending the money to replace my PC which works perfectly fine.

I go back to work in 6 days and I just don't want to. I'll be glad to be making money again so I won't feel as guilty spending it, but Mark is finally starting to interact with us and I'm starting to have fun with him. I'll miss him when I'm away the whole day. I love being able to go down to the boys' school and having lunch with them or attending events that they have in the middle of the day.  I won't be able to this when I go back to work. So dreading going back to the stress of trying to find a balance of work vs home. 

We had  pretty good weekend.  Saturday morning, we had to be at Michael's soccer game a little before 8 in White Settlement (I know, only in TX, right?), so we had to get up at the crack of dawn to get there in time. Michael played so well! He had 2 goals and his passing was just so precise.  He knew exactly where to pass every time he got the ball.  He was aggressive and did not give up on the ball. I think the final score was 8-2. So proud of my little man. 

Next weekend, he'll be playing in a tournament with his Odyssey team in Carrollton.  According to the recent weather forecast, it will be too cold to take Mark out there, but if that changes I would love to watch him play.

On Sunday, we went and had Dim Sum with Heather and her family in Richardson.  Robin came with her 2 kids as well.  We had a gret time, but with 8 kids to 5 adults, it was hard to have too much conversation.  Mark was also not in the greatest of moods so we had to attend to him more often. The food was awesome.  This is only one of the two Dim Sum places we know of in TX so there may be others out there that are better, but I really like this place.  The selection is great and it's definitely authentic. Chicken feet, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment