Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Better Day


Thank goodness Saturday is starting out to be a much better than yesterday. Boy, it was one of the toughest days I’ve had recently with Mark. He woke up every hour on Thursday night and at 6:30 Friday morning, Michael announced that Mark is awake and he attempted to change Mark’s dirty diaper. 

Two issues with this - one, he’s not allowed to pick Mark up from his crib (he did, and carried him to the changing table ACROSS THE ROOM before I could get out of bed –I freaked out a little). Two, he opened up the dirty diaper and Mark peed.  If you have a little baby boy, you know how messy this can get.  And it got messy. 

When I got into the nursery, still groggy from lack of sleep, I see a baby who is covered in pee and poop, pee all over the changing pad and table, and two proud little boys because they thought they were being very helpful.  I don’t think I handled the situation all the well.  I couple of choice words might have slipped out of my mouth.

It did not get any better from there. Mark was cranky all day and would not go down for a nap.  I had to hold him most of the day and could not get much done, which was so frustrating.  Did I mention that M was out of own? Thank goodness, I was able to take Mark and the boys over to my in-laws for a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment