Monday, January 23, 2012

Gung Hey Fat Choy!

Happy Chinese New Year.  We are saying goodbye to the year of the Rabbit and are welcoming in the year of the Dragon - which is suppose to be the luckiest year of all.

This morning, we gave the boys their luck red envelopes.  They were pretty excited to get it.  I've tried to keep a little bit of the tradition and pass it on to them.  As the years go on, I've forgotten about a lot of what the traditions mean just because we observe less and less of it.  I wish I had paid more attention when I was living close to my parents.  At least I would have learned a little more to pass on to my children.

Surprised that he got a red envelope

Does my thumb taste better while I hold this lucky envelope?
I didn't get a picture of all three holding the envelopes because the boys had to catch the bus school bus, but I got Michael and Matthew together.  I think we need to do something to tame the hair on both of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment