Monday, August 13, 2012

Soccer Weekend!

I am exhausted! The soccer tournament went longer than we had planned this weekend.  Our boys did awesome! Because this was their first game ever playing 11 vs 11, we did not expect to make it to the final on Sunday.  Most of us expected that the Saturday afternoon game to be our last game. But the boys surprised us and had shutouts.  They barely lost the last game 2-1, but still made it to the semifinals Sunday afternoon as a wildcard. Then they surprised and delighted us again by winning a game they were expected to lose. In fact, they had another shutout with a score of 4-0.  Go Solar Red.

Unfortunately, they lost the final game 6-1, but they played really, really well and fought hard until the end.  They got 2nd place out of 12 teams - the team we lost to is ranked #2 in the whole DFW area so we are getting better and better!

Needless to say, it was a VERY long weekend in McKinney and it's VERY nice to be home.  I think Marky will agree because he does much better at home.  The 100+ for all the games did not help.  By the end we were all exhausted and my car was filthy! But I had a lot of fun watching Michael play.  M and I couldn't be more proud of him. He was aggressive and played great all four games.  He had 3 goals - 1 in the first, second, and fourth game.

I don't have many pictures because I had to keep Marky entertained, but hopefully, some of the other parents will email pictures out so I can post it on here.

This week is going to be pretty hectic because I have to get ready for our trip to Hawaii.  While I'm very excited to get there, I am not excited about the 8-hour plane ride.  I'm so thankful that we can take Sarah with us.  She will be such a huge help!

M is traveling on business until Wednesday night so I will have to do most of the packing and getting the house prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment