Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week 21

Mark is another week older! I was so surprised to find out that I can still zip up my regular jeans this morning. Wooh-hoo! I haven’t been able to for the past couple of days. I was doing the rubber banding trick to be able to put on the jeans. I was letting myself indulge on sweets last weekend so that could be the reason. I’ve toned it down a lot this week. I still want to shove my mouth full of cookies and candies, but the possibility of gestational diabetes scares me.


We have a Dr.’s appointment this Friday to see how Mark is doing. I can feel him kick, but right now, he does not seem to be very active so it will be a huge relief after we get him checked out to make sure he’s growing normally.

I want to write a little bit about the last weekend not because we did anything the was exciting, but because I’d like have it on record in case the boys ever wonder how we spend our weekends when they get older.

On Saturday morning, we got our morning started pretty early like usual. We are usually up by 6:30. We went to see the 10 O’clock showing of Judy Moody and the Note So Bummer Summer. The boys really enjoyed it, but I fell asleep for a couple of minutes. It wasn’t because of the movie because I thought it was cute. It was more because of the pregnancy hormones. After the movie, we had to get back to the house really quickly because Michael had a soccer game at 12:30.

The Star Jets won their first game of the season in indoor soccer. Woohoo! They creamed the other team 10-3. I didn’t feel too bad for the other team because the last time the Star Jets played them, they outscored us by about the same. Michael was awesome and I’m not saying that because he’s my baby. He scored 5 goals and had at least 3 assists. I’m so proud of him.

Michael had another game on Sunday with his Academy team and played well again. The team lost, but I think Michael played well.

Not too exciting, but we had a fun weekend! Not sure what we are up to for the 4th of July weekend, but I’m sure we will have fun. It will be the last weekend with the boys for awhile because they are off to CA for 3 weeks on Tuesday. I’m really dreading having to say good-bye to them and being away from them for that long. They are super excited about the visit though and I know that will have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment