Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Round-Up

Exhausted is what I am after this weekend. End of Year party, sleepover that almost was, and a trip to the lake, oh my. It was fun, and the boys had a great time, but I need to remember that I am with child so I don’t have nearly the amount of energy that I’d like to think I have. I just hate the thought of letting my boys down if I can’t spend my time doing fun things. Plus, I enjoy spending time with them. I feel like most of our time together is wasted on me screaming out instructions for them to get ready for one thing or another.

“Hurry, you’ve got to finish your breakfast so we can brush your teeth

“Hurry , and put your shoes on so we can go”

“Hurry and brush your teeth so you can go to bed”

“Hurry and take a shower so we can get ready for tomorrow”

And so on….

So when the weekend comes I cherish our time doing fun stuff together. It’s 2 days out of the week that we are not on such a rigid schedule. This weekend, we went over to one of Matthew’s friend’s house to celebrate the end of the school year. It was very nice and much more than I expected. Nina, the hostess did an awesome job and I wish I was Martha Stewart like she was. The décor was all color-coordinated, the food was a little fancier than I expected. She had mimosas (for parents) for goodness sakes! I told her I was expecting vegetable dips and chips (neither were served). It was quiche, bagel sandwiches, fresh fruits, and assorted pastries. And, she passed out little cards with her information on it in case we people wanted to get together for a play dates. Seriously? Anyway, the kids had a great time swimming and playing around. I was left feeling inadequate. Whatever. I’ll deal.

After the party we went and had lunch at Grandpa’s house and had to leave a few hours later so we can be home when Michael’s friend Harry came over for a sleepover. Well, sort of a sleepover because at about 11 o’clock at night, harry come into our room and explained to us that this was his first sleepover and he was a little bit homesick. He decided that he wanted to call his dad and get picked up. Poor guy. The next morning, we woke up to Matthew calling out Harry’s name, looking for him. So funny. M and I knew that that was going to happen.

Sunday morning, we got up and was out on the road heading to Lake Lewisville. The Hoppes invited us out on a boat and even though all I did was sit there and maybe swim for a short time, I was exhausted by the end of it all. I would have taken a nap, but it was so darn hot. I was also afraid to close my eyes for fear of motion sickness. The kids took turns getting towed on this raft-like thingy. They had a blast. The looks on Michael and Matthew’s little handsome faces were priceless!

Oh and just a quick mention that we got to see the Mavs win the National Championship last night. I’m not a big basketball fan or any big fan of a sport for that matter. It’s just a lot of grown men making astronomical amounts of money for playing games. But, I always like to see an underdog get the victory. Go Mavs! By the way, M thinks that it was destiny that we name Nugget Mark because Mark Cuban is the owner of the Mavericks. Haha, he’s a funny guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment