Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting Ready for Marky-Mark!

Summer has definitely arrived in N. Texas. It’s been in the 100s and upper 90s for the past few weeks and there doesn’t look to be any relief in sight. This weekend was all about getting ready for Mark’s arrival.


We spend almost 3 hours at the baby store trying to decide which stroller and carseat combo to get him. I’m surprised M had the patience to stick with me for that long. We did make a nice stroller and carseat purchase.

We also bought the crib bedding for the nursery, so I can move forward and start trying to get the room in order. I decided to keep the color of the room the way it is for now. I really want to do some white chair rails along the wall with the window, but for now, I am happy with just the color.

I’ll have to see if M will help me if I decide to paint a brown stripe along the wall instead. Once we clear out the room of the stuff that we’ve been storing in there, I will start putting in the storage baskets and other accessories. I’m still deciding whether or not to leave the ceiling fan. And we are keeping the ugly old glider that we’ve had for the last 8 years.

We had a productive weekend on preparing for Mark, but we did not do much of anything else. It was just too hot and I think we just needed a weekend to just catch up on our house chores because this will be another busy week.

This is the last week of summer camp for the boys. I’m a little bummed that I couldn’t get them in for next week because they seem to really enjoy it. I’ve asked Jennie to pick them up at 4 when M is not home so that they don’t have to be there for 10 hours, but they’ve requested to be picked up at 5 instead. I guess they have lots of fun! They are picking up new jokes and new games to play from there. They have friends to hang out with. And they have weekly field trips. Who wouldn’t enjoy that? Makes this Mamma feel a little less guilty about putting them in camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment