Wednesday, June 08, 2011

18 Weeks

Twenty-two weeks to go! I’m officially 18 weeks today. I am showing a little, but still not in maternity clothes yet. I can still wear some of my jeans that sit lower n the hips and if I wear a loose top, you can’t tell I’m preggo. Not yet, anyway. No cravings and no aversions. I’m trying to eat as much fruit as I can and I’m staying away from too much sugar. I don’t want to gain 60 lbs like I did with the boys because I’m a little older now so it is harder to lose the weight. I’ve gained about 10 pounds as of the last Thursday when we went to see the doctor. I can tell my appetite is getting bigger, so I really need to try to control myself.


Sometimes I think I can feel the little Nugget move, but it’s pretty irregular so I’m never sure if it’s actually him moving around or something else. I am really looking forward to feeling the movements on a regular basis. That’s one of the most exciting part about being pregnant.

I forgot to ask how big the baby is at the last Dr. visit, so I’m not sure how big he is. According to the internet, he’s the size of a bell pepper.

In other news, Michael and Matthew started summer camp this week. I think they are enjoying it. They don’t like going early in the morning, but when I ask them how camp was, they always say they have a good time. Yesterday, they went swimming at the aquatic center and today, they have a field trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo. I’m hoping the camp has enough planned activities to keep them busy so they don’t get bored. I also think they enjoy going because they see some friends from school.

On Monday, Michael told me that he met a little boy there who “had a disease and he had half an arm and three fingers.” I was a little taken aback that he referred to it as a disease. I tried explaining to him that it’s not a disease and sometimes people are born with different things; like the color of their skin. I don’t know if I addressed this correctly and I hope I didn’t make a big deal out of it. I just want him to grow up to be open-minded and have compassion toward people who are a little different from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment