Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Goodbye to My Babies

So my boys are in CA for 3 whole weeks! I miss them so much, but am happy that they will get to hang out with their Poh-Poh and Gong, Gong for 3 whole weeks. They are going to be so spoiled. I’ve been dreading this day for awhile, and was so sad this morning when they left for the airport. Everyone keeps telling me how nice it is for me to have some time to myself. I guess that’s true, especially with little Mark. I get tired and my temper is shorter nowadays, but I’m so scared of feeling lonely at night without them with me.

I think I’m going to dust off the scrapbooking equipment and start on this long forgotten project again. This will keep me occupied. Three weeks is not such a long time. They’ll be home before I know it and then we are on our way to St. Thomas. I’m so excited for that trip.

I packed our weekend up last weekend because I wanted to enjoy as much time as I can with my boys before they left. Unfortunately, it totally wore me out, but it was worth it. We went to see Cars 2 on Saturday and on Sunday we spent the whole day at the Legoland Discovery Center. I didn’t think too much of the place, but the y boys had a blast and so I let them hang out for as long as they wanted. Of course, we waited for an hour and a half to get it and spent $60 in admissions, so I wanted to get as much out of the outing as possible. Their favorite part was building racecars out of Legos and racing it with other children. Michael’s racecar consisted of 2 big wheels and an axle. He won 10 races with that “car.” He was so proud.

We celebrated the 4th of July Sunday night by going over to G-pa’s and J’s house to watch the fireworks. We thought we could see it from their balcony, but we couldn’t. Fortunately for M, we were able to see from their front lawn. It would not have been a good night for him if we had missed it.

On Monday, we went over to some friends’ house and the kids had a fabulous time swimming, running around, and playing. They were exhausted after and they both fell asleep on the ride home. Very rare for my Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment