Thursday, April 23, 2009

If It Quacks Like a Duck...

Tomorrow, Michael will be performing on stage at the Friday Morning Live event at his school. This will be the first time he is performing on stage and honestly, I didn’t realize the gravity of the situation. Of course, I was excited to see him be a little duck on a farm, and am planning on going into work a little late to be able to make his performance. The realization that this was a big deal hit me during dinner yesterday. We were sitting at the table waiting for our food and Michael says to us, “2 more days until I perform on stage.”

My baby is counting down the days until he performs on stage. He only counts down days when he’s really, really, really excited for something like his birthday party! Then it occurred to me that for a Kindergartner, it takes hard work to perfect the art of being a duck. You have to get the quacking just right. I know he has worked hard on this for a couple of weeks, and even if the performance is about 4 minutes long, I am so looking forward to seeing my little duck quack.

No comments:

Post a Comment