Friday, April 24, 2009

And the Tony Award Goes To...

Five stars for the performance by the Kindergarten classes of Ms. Newman, Ms. Robinson, and Ms. Webb! I was especially moved by the performance of Michael. His interpretation of a duck is nothing short of spectacular. I know it’s too early to talk Tony, but he may be THE man of the moment. He way he flapped his arms – I can’t believe a 6 year-old is capable of such empathy.

Seriously though, I had a great time watching him up there. He was so excited this morning. He woke up, came into my room, and informed me that he needed to eat his breakfast right away and be at school on time. I asked why we needed to be there so early. He gave me this “duh” look and said, “I have a performance today, so we need to be at school on time.”

In the car I asked him for a preview of what he will be doing on stage, but was told the “it’s a surprise.”

I am proud to say that we did get to school on time even after having to drop Matthew off at daycare. AND the morning went very smoothly. No whining, no tantrums, and no tears. Happy day!

Getting ready for the show




No comments:

Post a Comment