Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bluebonnets

I am so excited that Spring has arrived in North TX. One of my favorite things about Spring is seeing the beautiful wildflowers on the side of the road as I dredge through to work on my daily commute. It somehow reminds me that beautiful things can be found in unexpected places like right beside an ugly cement freeway.

Blankets of bluebonnets are now in full bloom. The big thing in Dallas (not sure if it’s the same in all of TX) is that people drive to a precarious fields carpeted with bluebonnets (typically by a busy highway), park alongside that busy highway, and take pictures of their children with the bluebonnets. In the past, I have always felt that it was a pretty stupid thing to do. Then recently, I thought, well maybe if I had a little girl, it would be cute to do. Currently, I’m thinking maybe I should take the boys out and do the bluebonnet picture thing because, really, they ARE quite spectacular. Does this make me a Dallasite?

No comments:

Post a Comment