Monday, May 04, 2009

Who's the Boss?

We had a pretty uneventful day yesterday which is a big change from Saturday. Our Saturday was packed. We had Michael’s soccer at 8 in the MORNING, Spring Bash at Riley’s and Jacob’s house, and then dinner with the Hoppes. Thanks to the Hoppes for introducing me to chicken fried steak. I am still getting over the idea that it’s not really chicken, but steak. In batter. Deep fried. Like chicken. But, not chicken. Then why not just call it fried steak? Why add the chicken?

Sorry, I digressed.

On Sunday, there was lots of lounging, and game playing, and TV watching. In general, not a whole lot was accomplished. I did have an interesting conversation with Matthew that scares me a little.

Me: Matthew, why are you so mean to me sometimes?

Matthew: When you don’t listen to what I say, I will be mean to you.

Me: I’m the mommy. You should listen to me because I’m the boss.

Matthew: No. You have to do what I say, then you can be the boss.

Gee, thanks for the opportunity...

No comments:

Post a Comment