Friday, May 01, 2009

Stinky Business

I am a little embarrassed to say that with less than 46 more days until his 4th birthday, Matthew still needs a pull-up at night. Probably not as embarrassed as him when he’s old enough to read this, but pretty embarrassed. He’s good with the potty thing all day. I can’t remember the last time he had an “accident,” but at night, he’s a poopin’ machine. I’m starting to think that he holds it until we put a pull-up on him. We’ve tried threatening, shaming, and all sorts of bribery to make him tell us when he needs to go do his business so we can put him on the potty. No cigar.

I think there is something wrong when a kid comes up to me and tells me that I “need to change his diaper because it’s starting to itch.” Don’t you? Don’t you think that if he can tell you that effects of his stinkiness, he should be able to do the stinkiness where the stinkiness belongs? I think so.

So, this weekend, we will no longer support stinkiness outside the toilet! This weekend is when we take our authority back as parents and stop this madness! This weekend, we will ask Matthew to pretty please don’t poop in your pants when we take away your pull-ups. With cherry on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment