Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

I had a very nice Mother’s Day. Like most Hallmark holidays, it was pretty uneventful for our family. Not to take anything away from Mother’s Day, but it’s a holiday that I can do with or without.

I do, however, enjoy and look forward to getting the handmade gifts that the children bring home from school. This year, Michael made me a recipe book with all the recipes created by his classmates at school. His recipe in the book was Chompin’ Chocolate Chip Cookies made with 100 pieces of chocolate chips, 20 teaspoon of flour, and 20 lb. of sugar. Along with the recipes, there were notes from each child on why their mommy is special to them. I’m very flattered to know that Michael thinks I’m special because I let him play the Wii. Not because I kiss his boo-boos or give him all the love in the world, but it’s because I let him play the Wii.

Michael and the boys also got me a lovely heart-shaped bracelet charm inscribed with “Mom,” which was totally unexpected because, like I said, Mother’s Day is not such a big deal here.

The boys and I spent some time on Sunday making chocolate dipped strawberries which they proceeded to stuff their face with after we finished dipping. It was a delicious, messy affair.

I took the boys to our neighborhood playground since it was pretty warm outside on Saturday. It was the first time they realized that they can race each other on the bicycle. Matthew thought he won every race and did his victory dance, chanting, “I won. Oh, yeah. I get a trophy. I’m the winner!” Victory dance included some hip-gyrating moves and lots of face contortions that just cracks me up. All in all, it was a very nice Mother’s Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment