Monday, May 18, 2009

Fish News and Such

Man, the fish just keep dropping like flies in our house. Yup, another one just bit the dust today. Well, not officially yet, but it was really struggling this morning. Poor Turtwig. When I went to feed the fish this morning, he kept swimming up to try to get the food but missed it all completely like he was blind or dazed and confused. Can a fish get high? Never mind. I don’t know what happened. I feed them twice a day and sometimes 3.

So now, we have 1 fish left. Good ole’ Hotdog-Hotdog is still sticking around for now. We’ve decided to not tell Michael anything unless he asks because he got so upset when Spot died. Not going that route again.

We had a pretty good weekend. I’m pleased to tell y’all that I’ve found a way to for the kids to let me sleep in. The answer is Dunkin’ Donuts (yes, I’m a traitor because I should not get donuts from anywhere else except O’Henry’s). Sunday morning the kids crawled into my bed and asked if we can have Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast. It was 6:30 in the morning. Usually, I’m up at 6:30, but I stayed up late Saturday night watching Hilary Duff flick called “The Perfect Man.” It was terrible, but somehow, I couldn’t bring myself to turn it off.

I told them if they let me sleep until 8:00, I will take them to Dunkin’ Donuts. So they took themselves off to the living room and turned on Cartoon Network. Every time they came back into my room, all I had to say was 8 o’clock and they went back to their TV. Thank you Dunkin’ Donuts and the Cartoon Network (specifically, the creators of Johnny Test)!

Our neighborhood pool is now open so of course Michael and Matthew wanted to go swimming Sunday. We met the neighbor kids at the pool. The water was freezing but Michael and Matthew did not care. They stuck it out for about 15 minutes and spent the rest of the time hanging out with Max and the Chen girls playing rocket ship with the lawn chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment