Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits

Happy Tuesday! It's been a busy morning! I've dropped off my sister and my niece at the airport for their flight back home, dropped off Michael at summer school and dropped off mark for his VBS. Then got my CG workout done and ran a few errands before heading home to a very messy house! I've still got a lot on my to-dos list, but taking a break to blog about this weekend.

I love having my guests, but it feels good to not have to be "on" all the time. You know what I mean? We had a great weekend! The weather could not be any nicer in June. I mean, 65 degrees in mid-June in TX? I love it! I've been taking advantage of this nice weather by enjoying my morning coffee outside before everyone wakes up.

My view for the past couple of mornings...

On Saturday, we took the littles to the Ft. Worth Zoo. I love this zoo. There is lots of shade and it's clean and they have great animals. It's only going to get better because they are renovating many parts of it. I can't wait to see the new elephant encampment they are building. Apparent, everybody else loves it too because it was super busy. We had to park in the overflow parking lot, which I've never had to do before. Once we were inside though, it didn't feel too crowded....


This "new" giraffe area is the BEST. I can't believe how close we are to these beautiful animals! These guys were not shy about getting close to us at all. I bought some lettuce leaves for the littles to feed the giraffe. Mark loved it. Makena, not so much.



Sharing is caring. Haha...


Sunday was a very quiet day. This little guy woke up but fell asleep again when we were cuddling in the morning.

We spent our lazy Sunday being lazy.

We had lunch at home.


 We hung out on the couch.

My sister and I went grocery shopping then decided to go get pedicures. It was a great Sunday.

On Monday, we went into Dallas and checked out Klyde Warren Park. Mark was amazed at all the little pieces of tiles in this mural. He guessed about 20 tiles and counted over 40 tiles in the monster's blue fingertip.

Then they played in the fountain for a little bit. It was a little chilly so they didn't play for long.


I wish Klyde Warren Park was a little closer! It is such a cool park to chill at. They had magazines and books out for people to enjoy. It's like a little oasis in the big city.



Makena striking a pose!

We parked in the Dallas Museum of Art paring structure and on our way back to our car, we went to check out this sculpture. Makena wanted to touch this star. There was a sign that said "Do Not Touch"  so Mark told her not to. She got so mad at him and told him "not to say that EVER say that again!" It was so cute, but Mark didn't think so. Haha.

After the park, we dove home and picked the boys up and headed to Mongolian BBQ for lunch. This little girl was grubbing on her chow mein.

Of course, we had to stop by Andy's for some frozen custard!

Then the littles spent the rest of the day swimming!

I dropped off our visitors at the airport this morning super early. I miss them already but we will see them again in a couple of weeks when we visit them in CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment