Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits

Happy Summer! And happy Tuesday...Isn't summer the time when we can sleep in? Not if your oldest child signed up for summer school that starts at 7:30 in the morning! But seriously, I'm OK with this because I don't sleep in very often anyway. I'm just glad that he's getting his Government class out of the way.

We started off our first weekend summer with a few activities, but I'm thinking it will slow down. Mark went to a friend's birthday party on Friday. He had a blast and I didn't get any good pictures. It was at Urban Air and he was stoked that he got to finally ride in the go-karts. He still was not tall enough to drive it, but he got to be a passenger in his buddy, Harry's cart.

Look at those chubby cheeks on my baby!

While the kids were going crazy, I got to hang out with these mamas. Always lots of laughs with this crew.

Saturday evening, we went to a graduation party for our friend's daughter. They were our neighbors from when we moved to Frisco 12 years ago. They were our first friends in Texas. When we moved there, Lauren was just starting Kindergarten and now she's graduated from high school. How did that even happen? Some of our old neighbors were there so it was nice to catch up. Seeing these old faces sure brought back a lot of memories.

After the party, M wanted a margarita and a bite to eat so we stopped by Mi Dia, but it was packed! We went to Uncle Julio's instead. He said this counted as date night. I disagreed.

Sunday morning was nice and cool in the morning so I took my morning coffee outside. I know that this will not last long in Texas so I am going to take advantage of these cool mornings. The only thing is, the mosquitos are also out there enjoying it too. I hate them!

Monday was a little hectic. I had to take Matthew for his 6 month check up and cleaning at the dentist in the morning and then come home and pick up really quick for the house cleaners. Mark likes to make fun of me by going around the house yelling, "Quick kids! Clean up the house before the cleaning ladies come!" He's a real hoot, that one.

Then it was time to grab Matthew and head out to serve our first YMSL event together. I think he likes it better than Michael. He is definitely more engaged anymore pleasant to work with.


After that, I know the cleaners were still at our house cleaning so I grabbed all the boys and headed out to lunch at BJ's. It was one of the only places that they can all agree on. Then I dropped Michael off to play volleyball with his buddies.

Then this picture showed up on my FB feed that our nanny posted from when Michael graduated 4th grade. Tears...

I'm picking Sandi and Makena up from the airport later this afternoon. Yay! We are so excited for them to visit. I printed this summer bucket list off for Mark and me. I purposely picked a bucket list that was easy to accomplish because, yeah, it's summer!



I'm looking forward to slower days ahead with more swim time!

No comments:

Post a Comment