Saturday, June 15, 2019

FOURTEEN!

Matthew Lee Fisher, you were born today at about 2am in the morning fourteen years ago. You were determined to do it your way right from the beginning. We went into the hospital to get induced at midnight and wasn't really expecting you to arrive until much later. I was thinking at least 7am?

So there we were going through the process. At about 1am, Dad said he wanted to go and get a quick sleep at home. I agreed. Not 30 minutes later, the nurse came in to check and said that we had better call him back in because this baby is ready to come out! 

The first time I saw you, my first thought was that you had a big nose. A nose which is now so beautiful after you have grown into it. I should have known how stubborn you will grow up to be because the nurse probably spent 30 minutes during the first few hours you were born to get your eyes open for pictures. You refused. She tried wetting your hair and wetting your face several times. You were not going to open your eyes for anything. She finally gave up and took those pictures with your eyes closed.

Then the next day, they took you out to test your hearing. They came back and said that they couldn't test because your brainwaves were too active and that we would have to come back later in the week. Seriously, being difficult even before you even know what being difficult meant.

But this is what makes you who you are and I am very glad that you will not do anything that you do not want to. I'm not happy about it sometimes, but that's OK. You are so sweet to me sometimes. You still give me hugs and kisses and will sometimes want to cuddle with me still. Up until about 2 months ago, you still asked to be tucked in at bedtime. 

On this day and every day after, I hope that you know how much I love you! Happy 14th birthday, Matthew!







 




No comments:

Post a Comment