Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Fun Day

We had a lovely Friday. It's the time of the year when I want to spend as much time as we can outside before it gets too hot and too buggy.

Mark had his playdate this morning with his little buddies Austin and Jaxson Paradise Pond at First Baptist Church in Grapevine.  It's basically a huge room with an indoor playground, jump house, and lots of little areas where they can play dress-up and build stuff with blocks and legos. What an awesome place to take them when the summer heat hits!

He was all over the place - jumping, climbing, running, screaming and just having a great 'ole time in general.  He threw a huge fit when we had to leave. "I not want to go.  I need to go play!"  Luckily, there was another kid there that felt the same way so I was not the only one trying to extract my child from this place.

This was the only picture I got during his playdate.

After we left Paradise Pond, we drove over to Grapevine Mills because I had to return a couple of things. Of course, we had to do a little shopping too.  We had lunch at the food court and Mark got to ride a horsey on the carousel. He later told his G-pa that he got to ride the "white horsey." He loved it, of course.



After we got home, I was hoping he would nap.  He fell asleep on the way back, but woke up when we got home.  I decided that we needed to clean the garage up a little, so we did that.  He loves to help me sweep.  We each have a broom - he "sweeps" the driveway while I sweep the garage floor.  He has a green frog dustpan. I have to "borrow" it in order to use it because it's his "green thing." He says, "Hey, you want to borrow my green thing?" I love his sweet little voice.  I wish I can bottle it it up forever.

We only had about twenty minutes between when Michael got home to when we had to leave to go to the first game of his soccer tournament so we had to get ready quickly!

Michael did really well and his team won1-0.  He got to kick a penalty kick.  I was so nervous for him. Unfortunately, he missed even with both my fingers crossed.  Then at the last few seconds of the game, he had an awesome shot attempt.  It missed the goal up high by inches.  But we had so much fun watching him. Mark and Matthew also had fun sharing a snow cone.

My little man in action!  Love him so much.

Matthew enjoyed his snow cone.

Matthew is so sweet to his little bo-bo sometimes.

Hugs!


Mark had so much fun with Daddy.


We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.  I'm not sure I would go there again.  The boys had a great time with their wing nut crowns though.

Oh - I went to clean up their toy room this morning and here's what I found. Apparently, there was a battle up there.

And the blue team lost. I love it! This has to be the work of my little Mattikins.



No comments:

Post a Comment