Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Weekend I Almost Died

We had sort of a crazy weekend here.  Everyone except M got some sort of stomach virus and it was not good. Fortunately, this nasty little virus only lasted 24ish hours. Matthew had it late Friday night. Mark, Michael and yours truly got it Sunday.  We kept Michael from school on Monday and the nurse called us to pick Matthew up early because he claimed he was dizzy. And on Monday, I thought I was going to die. This thing knocked me out.  I was exhausted and every time I got up to walk a few feet, I felt like I had just climbed Mt. Everest.  OK, so I'm exaggerating a little.  Just a little.  But everyone is healthy and back to normal today. Hurray!

We did do stuff despite the fact that our house was a biohazard zone.  Before the sickness set in, we dropped Mark off at the Gs' and M and I took the boys to the Dragons' Homecoming game against  Richland. We had a great time - and oh my the mums! I've learned that in the South, these things are a status symbol for young ladies at homecoming.  The bigger your mum, the more bragging rights you earn.  And some of these things were ginormous! You hang them around the neck like sandwich boards. There were ones with twinkling lights, teddy bears, bells, and other trinkets you can think of. They can cost up to $1,000.  Craziness!

Anyway, Dragons' won by over 50 points.  Needless to say, the kids did not hang out with us.  They went off with their friends as soon as we found some seats.

On Saturday, we went to Plano for Michaels' soccer game.  He did well.  His team won 3-1.  We thought Matthew was over being sick, but he threw up while we were at the game.  Fortunately, there were big bushes behind where we were sitting so we just let him throw up in the bushes. We went to dinner at Maggianno's because it was close to 7 before the game ended and we thought maybe pasta would be good for Matthew's stomach.  Wrong!  He threw up in the car on our way home. M should thank me for keeping plastic bags in the diaper.

By Sunday, Matthew was well enough to play in his lacrosse game so we trekked all the way up to Prosper.  His team won their first game 3-1!  Matthew was not really into the game, but when his team scored, he was the first to celebrate.

And you know all about our Monday.  So here you have it - another wonderful weekend with the Fishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment