Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dallas World Aquarium Field Trip

I spent most of my day yesterday with Michael on his class field trip to the Dallas World Aquarium - which wasn't a true aquarium.  I might be a little snobby because growing up, we had one of the world's best aquarium nearby - The Monterey Bay Aquarium.  It was a fun day. After the Aquarium, we met up with all the kids for lunch at a local park where the kids got to run around for a little bit until they had to get on the bus to get back to school.  I always love observing Michael interacting with the other kids.  It's interesting to see who sits with who and who plays with who.  Some things never change, I guess. The jocks, the nerds, and the in-betweens all formed.

Matthew had lacrosse practice later that evening.  It was pretty much a free for all since their regular coach was not there.  At the beginning of practice, we were asked to go to the center of the field to gather for a moment of silence for the Ledet family who lost 2 brothers and a father in a plane crash over the weekend.  They kids didn't really know what was going on, but I thought it was nice gesture.  I don't know the Ledets, but my heart goes out to them especially the mom.  To lose anyone in your family at any time is tragic, but to lose your husband and 2 children at the same time is unimaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment