Wednesday, September 14, 2011

32 Weeks and Other Things

For some reason, I thought I was at 33 weeks. Oh well. Pregnancy brain taking over I guess. I’m so forgetful these days. More than usual anyway. I had my shower last Saturday and it was wonderful. I had 8 great ladies there to keep me entertained. Big thanks to them for braving the 114/121 traffic to get to the shower. Some sat in traffic for an hour and a half. I’m grateful that they decided to stick it out. Jennie did a awesome job organizing and hosting the shower. I think everyone had a great time. We played a few games, but most of the time was spent in good company with good conversation and food. Jennie also made me a beautiful diaper cake, which I’m really hesitant to take apart because it looks so nice!


Isn't this beautiful?
My last appointment was last Thursday and it was one of the best appointments because I got to see Marks little face. I saw him blinking his big eyes and his little lips were moving. I just know that he’s a beautiful little baby! I can’t wait to meet him. Dr. says everything looks great. My weight was 152, up 2 lbs. from 2 weeks ago. Marks heartbeat was a little fast at 154 bpm up from 146 2 weeks ago. I think the coffee I had earlier had something to do with that. Dr. remarked on how active he is. That also may have been the caffeine as well.

Matthew is so excited for his little brother. He keeps asking how much longer. Michael doesn’t seem as excited, but I think it’s not in his personality. He doesn’t really express his feeling as easily as Matthew. We had a pretty busy weekend with the shower and the soccer games.

We’ve decided to opt out of Saints soccer because M doesn’t feel like it’s helping Michael with development. Aside from that, there are not enough kids on the team and most of the kids on the team are just not very good. It’s hard to go to game after game and get badly beaten. The score was something like 14-0 last week.

We took him to another Academy team practice and he didn’t seem to like it too much. We are at the point where he needs to make a decision on whether he wants to play competitively or just stay with a recreational team. I want him to give competitive soccer a try because I think he’s very athletic and he loves the game so much that he could be a great player, but at the same time, I don’t want to push him into something he doesn’t want to do. I just don’t him to miss out if he has a chance to really be great at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment