Wednesday, September 07, 2011

31 Weeks (9 more weeks to go!)

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 31 weeks

Size of baby: A little over 15 inches and weighs 2.50 lbs (Babycenter.com).

Weight gain: I was 152 the last time I had my regular appointment 2 weeks ago. I have my next 2-week appointment tomorrow.

Maternity Clothes: I haven’t tried wearing my non-pregnancy dresses in about 2 weeks. I’m just not feeling the dresses right now. I’m wearing maternity tops and bottoms. I went and got some more tanks and another pair of jeans at Old Navy yesterday. I can wear my non-maternity cardigans over them and that should hold me over for the rest of my pregnancy and post-pregnancy.

Movement: Movement switches from pop-corn popping-like to full on rolling around. This morning it felt like he was using my bladder as a punching bag. When I haven’t felt him move in a little while, I drink Coke so he moves. Don’t judge…

Sleep: Waking up every few hours to use the bathroom. Backache is actually getting less frequent and I’ve stopped waking up to them. It’s harder to find a comfortable position to sleep in as my belly gets bigger. Pillows are my friends right now. I sometimes wake myself up from my own snoring.

Symptoms: I feel very heavy. Going up the stairs is getting harder. I have had some Braxton-Hicks contractions and had my first bout of heartburn last Sunday. I think I’ve only had heartburn 2-3 times in my life and I can definitely live without them. I’m hoping this does not become a regular thing.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy and having a nice cup of coffee in the morning, especially now that it is cooler in the morning.

Cravings: Trying to cut back on the sugar. Craving coffee drinks.
31 Weeks. Photgraph by Matthew Fisher, the official photographer of belly shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment