Wednesday, August 10, 2011

St Thomas and St. John

Where to start? There’s a lot to catch up on since my last posting. We’ve been to St. Thomas and St. John and back. I’m now 27 weeks pregnant and getting bigger by the hour. I’m not kidding about that either.


St. Thomas was a very nice break, but everything was so expensive. I had forgotten how expensive island vacations are. We had a very laid back vacation just hanging on the beach or by the pool. We met my sister at the airport in St. Thomas and took the ferry to St. John to stay at the Westin Resort and Villas for a couple of days. We didn’t get to do much because taxi is expensive and there really was not much to do except for hanging out at the beach, which we could do at the hotel.

After St. John, we took the ferry back to St. Thomas and stayed at the Marriott Frenchman Cove where we met up with my brother and his wife. We decided to rent a car here because we didn’t want to be stuck on hotel property. We drove out into Charlotte Amalie for a day and got bored with the shopping. All there was were jewelry stores. I looked into buying some Tanzanite jewelry, but discovered that they weren’t that much of a bargain.

We also drove out to Magen’s Bay because everyone we spoke to said it is an amazing beach and we shouldn’t miss it. I must say I was a little disappointed. It was a pretty beach and it was cool because there were little fish there that would kind of hang around and nibble on our toes, but I was expecting something more spectacular. On the way back, we stopped by a St. Thomas Dairies and had some really yummy ice cream and shakes.

There was a little bit of drama at the end of our trip. All along, we thought our last day on St. Thomas was Saturday. When M went to check in online, the system would not let him check in yet. It was then he discovered that the return tickets were scheduled for Sunday, not Saturday. We had to scramble to find another place to stay. Luckily for M, we ended up at the Ritz-Carleton which was a beautiful hotel. Not only was service impeccable, there were so much more things for the kids to do. They were only able to go kayaking and paddle boating because we only spent 1 night there. I was very impressed with the hotel and wished we had planned another couple of days there instead of going to St. John. I will post pictures when I can get them from M.

It was a very nice vacation, but I am so glad to be back home. I feel like I have so much to catch up on even though we were only gone for a little over a week. School starts in a little over a week and I have not done anything for the boys to get ready. Our nursery is still not ready. Once we get the glider on Friday, we will start to get things set up. I have to stop or I’ll get totally stressed out about the things that still need to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment