Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 30

I’ve made it to 30 weeks. I can’t believe there are only 10 weeks away. It still sounds like a long time from now, but with the kids being in school, soccer, and all the pre-Holiday prep, it’s going to fly right by. For the most part, we have everything we need for Mark. M and I just need to buckle down and get the room ready. M will have to go into the attic and pull out the baby clothes. It’s just been so hot, that I don’t have the heart to make him go up there and do it now. We can wait a few more weeks. I need to wash all the bedding stuff and the newborn clothe. I think it would be better to wait until after my shower to do that in case we get more stuff.

30 weeks and 2 days.  Photograph by Matthew Fisher.
Last Thursday, I went for my bi-weekly visit and Dr. New says everything looks great. Mark is growing properly (heartbeat was at 140 bmp), my placenta looks healthy, weight gain is good (now at 152 lbs.), and there is plenty of amniotic fluid. I took and passed my glucose tolerance test (84; needed to be under 130). Only hiccup is my low iron count, so I have to take iron supplement. We have another appointment next Thursday to take another look the munchkin.

The boys and I are starting to get back to the school/soccer routine. Thank goodness we have Sarah around to help. I don’t know what I would so if we didn’t have her help. Between the 2 boys, we have soccer practice literally every day except for Mondays. Mondays would be filled to if I chose to let them got to skills night, but I need that like I need I shot in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment