Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Tooth Gone!

Matthew lost his third tooth on Sunday, and if he didn’t look like Lloyd before, he does now. Poor boy. This weekend was pretty quiet. It was nice to be home because we were gone for the last couple of weekends. Not that I’m complaining about vacation, its’ just that when you’ve been gone for that amount of time, the house starts to need attention. It was nice to relax and get things back to normal and get back into a routine.


I did go and see a fabulous movie this weekend. It could be just my hormones but this movie made me cry several times. I read “The Help” and finished it in a couple of days because it was just such a great book. And the boys were in CA so I had a little more time on my hands. It has to be one of my top five books that I’ve read, so yes, it is that good.

I went into the movie expecting it to really be a lot different from the book and not anywhere near as good, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the movie stayed true to the characters and the theme of the book.

Anyway, I’m trying to get the boys back into the school year routine because it starts up again next Monday. I know this is a cliché, but I’ll say it anyway. Where has the summer gone? Trying to get things ready for them to go back to school. School supplies have been bought, no new school clothes yet, but it’s still too hot for them to wear anything other than shorts and t-shirts, so that can wait. By the way, we never made it to day 42 to even tie the record for most days over 100 degrees. It rained the day before. Now we are on another string of 100+ degrees. Welcome to TX.

We got the glider for the nursery. I would have liked it to be a little bigger, but it looks nice. Big thank you to my in-laws for their very generous gift. We also got a little mini-fridge for the nursery so we don’t have to walk al the way downstairs for night time feeding. We are lazy that way. I think we are pretty much ready for our little Mark.
Tooth Fairy gave him $5 for that tooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment