Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Two Promotions!

It's been a busy couple of days for us! Yesterday, we celebrated Matthew's promotion to high school. What?! How did that even happen? It was a very long ceremony, but it was a great milestone to mark. He let me take a few pictures after the ceremony and then he was off to Burger's Lake to celebrate with his classmates. I love this tradition that Dawson Middle School does. They get a day off and then they can focus on taking their finals.

Waiting for the ceremony to start!


He chose optimism as a trait he's known for. It's a little surprising, but I'm happy he sees himself as one.


M wasn't able to make it because he was traveling for work, but Jennie and Grandpa were there to give their support. Michael and Mark wanted to come too, but it was because they wanted to get out of school. Haha!

These 2 have known each other since Kindergarten and are both in YMSL. I hope that they develop a great friendship.

I'm so glad there was a photographer there to take a "green-carpet" picture with Principal Wilson and Assistant Principal Langford. I was stuck in the stands so I wouldn't have been able to take this great shot. He's so luck to have such a fantastic principle for the past 2 year.

That same evening, Mark had is Rank Advancement Ceremony for Cub Scout. Never in a million years did I think we would participate in Cub Scout. It was never in our periphery until Mark showed interest. There's been a lot to take in and lots of new things to learn, but I am trying to embrace it.

Mark seems to be enjoying it tremendously. I am not a camper and will never be a camper, but Cub Scout is so much more than camping as I have come to realize. So, we celebrated Mark crossing over from a Tiger Cub to a Wolf Cub. I don't know how long this will keep his interest, but I will hang on for as long as he needs and wants me to.

As we were waiting for the ceremony to start, my little sweet boy brought over this flower to me. My heart melted...

I love this little face so much!

He got called up to the front twice-once for getting his Bear badge and then his Wolf badge.

Here is the den receiving their new Wolf handkerchief.

What better way to end the evening than to grab a bite at the Shake Shack with a friend? These two were doing silly choreographed dances throughout dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment