Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Catch Up Post

Oh my goodness. How is it that we are into mid-May already. I've been pretty bad at keeping this blog up-to-date. It's just been crazy, crazy and I know that's a weak excuse, but these little people have lots to do are busy, busy! This post will be all over the place-fair warning.

We celebrated Mother's Day last Sunday and it was pretty good. We all went out to breakfast and I spent the rest of the day not doing much. M had a work trip that afternoon so the boys and I ordered in dinner. Easy-peasy. We have our traditional picture with mom after Mother's Day breakfast. This is the only gift I want from them....

Mark had a lot going on at school. His QUEST class worked on a project about habitats and they capped it off with a Habitat Showcase on April 23rd. This is where they get show off their hard work researching and building a model of their habitats.

Mark chose the open ocean habitat where the orcas live. He did such a great job. I had a chance to talk to his QUEST teacher and she told me that he was the only one to think to turn his box height-wise to get the depth that he wanted of the open ocean. She also said that he was detailed oriented and whatever he used in his model had to be "just right." At the showcase, his classmates and parents were invite and he got to talk about the Orca and its habitat. He had a booklet with fun facts ready.

My little researcher explaining his project to classmates.



No comments:

Post a Comment