Monday, May 01, 2017

Soccer, Baseball and Art in the Square

I got to see Michael play for his school soccer game on Thursday and he played so well. He scored a goal that counted and one that should have counted but didn't. I am just amazed at how much he has grown since last year! He was the smallest kid on the team last year and this year, he is one of the biggest. I hope he continues to grow. He is now a couple of inches taller than me.

There game was at Dragon Stadium this week.



This weekend was my first time working Art in the Square as a member of Southlake Women's Club. It was fun but, I've never been more stressed out about the weather. You spend the whole year planning for a great turn out and when you hear that severe storms are predicted for Saturday? It's a bit nerve-wracking! Fortunately, the weather held out, but turn out was not great because of the anticipation of storms.

My truck was loaded to the brim with student artists' works of art. I am so amazed at the talent of these students.


Getting our Youth Arts booth set up...

Lots of talent on display.

The winners!


More artwork...


This was one of my favorites. It's called Mona Lisa Smile. I'll have to see if this artist will work on a family portrait for me if I give her a photograph.

Mark also had his last regular season soccer game this weekend. He did awesome and scored 2 goals! He also got his medal. They are scheduled to play in the championship tournament later this month.



Michael officiated 3 games this weekend and I got a decent picture of him in action.

Friday night was CISD night at the Rangers game so we went to cheer on our team! This little guy loved the cheering more than the game.






Let's Go Rangers! Clap-clap-clapclapclap!




No comments:

Post a Comment