Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! We started off on Friday morning with Muffins with Moms at Matthew's school. I had to work Spirit Shop, but got a quick picture with this cutie. If I'd known there was a photo op, I might have slapped on a little makeup.

Then I went and got my car washed. The dealership has a work station so I can catch up on my blog reading and enjoy a little quiet time while I waited...

On Saturday, Michael and I got up bright and early to help at the RISE Adaptive Sport Summer Bash. This event allows people with disability the opportunity to experience water sports and to encourage them to stay active.

Michael had a great time volunteering with his fellow YMSL members. He even said that it was fun-and these day, those words are rare.

We enjoyed breakfast with a view of the lake while we waited for others to arrive.


These boys encouraged people to join in on a game of wheelchair soccer by demonstrating how to play.

They also helped out on the dock.






On Sunday, we drove out to the lake again and had lunch on the Marina. It was such a beautiful day for lunch on the lake!





Then I got this from Mark. Love that boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment