Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Magnolia Everything

On Monday, I took a little road trip to Waco with a couple of good friends to visit Jo-Jo's and Chip's place. A little background - Joanna Gaines and Chip Gaines are the stars of Fixer Upper a home renovation show, and they are one of the cutest couples I've seen (on TV, anyway). I love their renovation designs and I love to watch them interact with each other. Chip is a big goofball and Jo-jo just rolls here eyes at him.

Last night, Michael and Matthew watched a part of the show with me and without any prompting, Matthew says that Jo-jo reminds him of me. I will take that to the bank. I little while later, Michael says that Chip acts like his Daddy. This was when Chip was playing volleyball and gets super competitive. I guess that's the reason why I like them so much - I see a little of ourselves in them (with the rest of the country).

Anyway, I've been wanting to make a trip there and after several cancellations, the sun and the moon finally aligned and we made our way out to Waco.  I didn't know what to expect, but I was very impressed! It was crowded, but well-controlled and had a very chilled vibe. It was an awesome experience.

Our arrival.  We got there early so there wasn't much of a crowd yet.

The market has 2 sections - this is the lower section of the market.

The famous Silos and the courtyard where people can play games, toss some balls around or just sit on the beanbags.

Beyond the courtyard are covered tables and benches and food trucks. There is a good variety. I had a rice bowl and it was yummy.


There is also a garden area with a little seed store.

As we were taking this picture, a reporter from the Waco Monthly came over and took pictures of us and asked for our names and where we were from.  We may be published! Look out for us in the August issue. Haha...

Before we left, we stopped by the bakery and I bought some cupcakes for the boys. It's best enjoyed in your undies, as Mark was demonstrating....

No comments:

Post a Comment