Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Favorites - California Bound

Today we are flying to see my family in California. I'm very excited to see them and to play with my Ben-Ben and Makena!

I'm linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea for Friday Favorites to share my favorite things to do when I'm in California visiting my family.

{ONE}
Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf
We visit Monterey almost every time we visit California.  The older boys are getting a little tired of this place, but I still love it.  I'm hoping as they get older, they will learn to appreciate this place again. Mark loves it here especially the touch pool and the KidZone.

Posing out in Cannery Row.

Our favorite thing to do here is catch the feeding show in the Open Sea exhibit.  


{TWO}
San Francisco Giants
I may live in Texas but my heart is with San Francisco when it comes to sports. Catching a baseball game at the beautiful AT&T Park is one of my favorites.





{THREE}
Farmers Markets
One of the things I miss about California is the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables during the summer months. The farmers markets here have so much variety and are so much better than any I've seen in Texas. So going to visit the Farmers Market is a favorite.



{FOUR}
Berry Picking
We sometimes go to one of the many farms around the are to pick fresh strawberries.  Nothing beats red, ripe right-off-the-vine strawberries! We can also pick blackberries and olallieberries too, but strawberries are your favorites.




{FIVE}
Napa Valley and Wine Tasting
M and I try to make time to go and visit some wineries when we are in California together. With his work schedule, he can't alway go with us when we visit California, but when he does go with us, we try to do an overnight in Napa Valley. I love Wine Country. It is one of my favorite places in California.



{SIX}
Just Spending Time With The Family
We try to visit my family at least twice a year. Last year, we went 4 times so it was very nice to see them so much. I think it's important for my kids to see and get to know the people who love them. It's important for them to see each other in order to maintain and build a close relationship because we live so far away. It's so special to see my kids interact with their cousins! And I'm so excited to welcome another niece or nephew in November.









No comments:

Post a Comment