Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


We have a fun little link-up with Mix and Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo today for What's Up Wednesday. I'm sure you'll find my life fascinating - if laundry and running errands fascinates to you ;-)

What We’re Eating
We’ve been eating simply this week.  M is out of town for most of the week so the kids and I have been eating random things. I made pizza Monday night and last night was mac and cheese for Michael and Mark and potstickers for Matthew.  Yes, I sometimes make them different meals because they are super, super picky eaters – don’t judge.

 What I’m Reminiscing About
Last Saturday, we went to a going away get-together for one of M’s old co-worker who is a lot younger than we are.  He and his wife are newly weds and they are moving to San Francisco.  So now I’m reminiscing about when M and I first started out together as a married couple.  It’s been an awesome journey to where we are now and we’ve accomplished so much!

What I’m Loving
I am loving all the wet weather and thunderstorms that we’ve had last week.   Coming from California, we rarely have thunderstorms and I guess it still hasn’t lost its newness even though we’ve been in Texas for 6 years.  I love to patter around the house all warm and cozy while it’s wet and stormy outside.

What We’ve Been Up to
Not much this week.  We had a beautiful weekend so we went to an outdoor festival on Saturday.  Other than that?  Grocery shopping, errands, play dates, and keeping up with the household chores…

What I’m Dreading
I am happy to report that I don’t dread anything this week J

What I’m Working
I’m working on the 4th grade “Clap-Out” shirts.  A little background - our elementary school here is grades K-4.  At the end of the school year, 4th graders get to walk through the school hallway where teachers/staff/administrators and parents line up to “clap” them out to celebrate them moving up from elementary school to intermediate school. It was super emotional for me when Michael went through it and I’m sure it will be the same with Matthew this year.

So anyway, I’m working on designing and ordering the T-shirts for the 4th grade class.

What I’m Excited About
Going on the 6th grade field trip to Six Flags with this boy and his classmates as a chaperone on Friday!

What I’m Watching/Reading
I’m reading Girl on the Train.  I just finished Gone Girl and now I am interested to see how they turned it into the movie so I’ll probably be watching that this week.


What I’m Listening To
Whatever is on in the car radio, but my favorite songs right now are Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” and Jason Derulo’s “Want to Want Me.” I know, deep stuff….

What I’m Wearing
I have been living in my gym clothes.  I’ve been working out at least 6 days a week (yay, me!) and with the raining weather, it’s been a challenge get out of my comfy lululemons...

What I’m Doing This Weekend
Soccer! Soccer! Soccer!  Michael has a soccer tournament this weekend so that it where we will be.  So thankful for the predicted nice weather.  We will be enjoying it outside.

What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month

Michael’s Spring band concert, Matthew’s 4th grade musical and whatever else pops up!

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment