Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Vegas, Baby

On the Monday before Thanksgiving M, me and Mark took a quick trip to Las Vegas. M was going there for work so we tagged along and my parents decided to fly up to meet us there.  We were only there until early Wednesday morning so we had to pack a lot of stuff into our day, but it was so much fun.

We dropped the other 2 boys off at the Gs early Monday morning and headed to the airport. Mark had some fruit and yogurt for breakfast while we waited for our flight.

He was busy watching the plane get loaded up and cleaned out.

Mark has always been a great flyer and this trip was no exception.  He played with his iPad and watched a movie for most of the flight and then fell asleep about 30 minutes before we landed.  He was so good!

This is a picture of the Grand Canyon, but you can't really tell.  Random, I know.
We arrived in Las Vegas few minutes after my parents so we walked over to meet them at their gate.  Then we were off to our resort for some lunch!

We took few pictures while we waited for M to check us in. My parents were so excited to see Mark! It took him a little while to warm up to them again , but he eventually did and had a blast showing off to them.

M had to leave us to do some work, so we walked around our resort and did lots of window shopping.  We stopped for a gelato break. He ate the WHOLE thing...

They had the most beautiful displays!

When M was done, we meet up with us and we walked around along the Vegas strip for a little bit and then went to dinner.

Mark fell asleep before our food came and didn't wake up until the next morning. I guess he was tired!

The next morning we went to M's favorite bakery and had breakfast bright and early.

Then we drove over to the courthouse to get a marriage license for my parents. Mark was talking non-stop while playing on his iPad.

We went to the Shark Reef Aquarium in Mandalay Bay after.  Listen, there were some cool stuff there - like this Komodo Dragon, but once you've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, there is very little out there that's as impressive.  But we had fun!

We had a quick lunch and drove over to the Little Chapel so my parents get get an official US-recognized marriage licensed. It took us 5 minutes 9without the waiting time).  So I guess it really is that easy to get married in Vegas.

We drove over to the Forum Shops to do some window shopping and then drove over to the Bellagio for more window shopping. Lots of beautiful and VERY pricey things! Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, oh my.

We stopped a Starbucks for a little coffee break. Mark had juice...

We had dinner at Sensi in a the Bellagio and stopped for some crepes before heading out to watch the water show outside.  Mark was so impressed.  He kept shouting,"Oh, WOW!"

Then we had to hurry up and get to the Mirage for the volcano show! We were there might on time for the show.  Mark was not as impressed with the volcano show.  He didn't want to get close because all the fire scared.  He later told me that he didn't like it because the smoke from the fire made him cough.  FYI - there was no smoke.

And finally, we ended our night back at the Venetian.  They had huge Christmas tree display so we had to stop by and admire it.

I just love this picture.  Silhouettes of my parent and Mark just plain by the tree with no one else around them (very rare in Vegas at night)

No comments:

Post a Comment