Wednesday, December 24, 2014

One More Day

I cannot believe that tomorrow is Christmas.  We've had such a busy November and December that it kind of just showed up.

Smitty was proud to remind the boys that they've got one more day....

We missed almost a whole week with the kids when we went to New York so we will try to make it up this week and next week during their winter break.

I asked them what they wanted to do and they said they just want to be home and play with their friends and go see a movie.  That was it. I think I can do that.

Last night, they had a friend over for a sleepover.  It sounded like they had fun.  They played trains and legos most of the night and in the morning.

This is what they made.  It's pretty impressive.

We watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Mark laughed his little head off.  We've watched the movies many, many times and I alway love it when the boys giggle and laugh.  Such beautiful sounds.

Mark loves to draw and "make art" so we've been doing a lot of that while his "bo-bos" play with their friends.   He also can spend hours just playing with water and bubbles at the sink. I love this precious little face.  The other night, he looked at the elf and said the the elf had a chubby face and squeezed his own little cheeks. He looks so much like M when he was a baby here...

I mailed our Christmas cards out before we left for New York.  That was a pretty big accomplishment.  I loved how our cards turned out. Merry Christmas!


And finally, one of my favorite things about Christmas is getting cards is the mail.  I love seeing how families I've known for years and years have grown and also new families that we've gotten to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment