Monday, March 31, 2014

Party Time and Other Weekend Happenings

It was quite a busy weekend for us.  We celebrated Michael's birthday with a family dinner at his favorite restaurant, Kobeya.  Ever since he was a little itty-bitty boy, he loves to go to hibachi-style grill (the place where they cook at your table was what he would say) restaurants for dinner.  When we were living in Frisco and he was about 4 years old, he would use our coffee table as the grill and would pretend that he's the chef. He would ask "you want fly lice? OK, I make you fly lice" with the Chinese accent.  I kid you not.  It was hilarious! Now my baby is 11 years old - and still loves his fly lice without vegetables.

This was the best picture I got of him.  It doesn't look like, but we did have a good time!

We continued the celebration with his birthday party at Urban Air.  He loves that place!  In fact, he was just there Friday afternoon with his buddy, Daniel. We had about 13 of his buddies and they were rowdy!  All they wanted to do was play, and I guess I don't blame them.  It took close to 15 minutes to coral them to the table when it was time for cake.

Mark as not one to miss out on the fun and he kept up with the big boys!  He started out in the toddler area, but was bored with it after a little while.  He wanted to be where the big kids were and threw a fit when I tried to keep him away from the foam pit. He loved it so much that he was still trying to jump even when he was exhausted to the point where his body couldn't keep up anymore.  He would jump and fall over because his little legs were so tired.

Then we came home and opened up gifts. He's got a lot of Thank You notes to write!

Here's Mark giving Michael directions on which gift he should open.

Matthew was very helpful and helped eat the candy that Michael received.

After all the gifts were opened, we had a few minutes to relax.

Then it was off to Matthew's baseball game!  It was a very exciting game.  Matthew's team was behind 6-11 and in the last inning, they almost came back to tie it!  Unfortunately, they had some unlucky hits to 1st base and lost 10-11.  Matthew was awesome!  He was hustling and fielding the ball so much better than last season.  He has another game on Tuesday, and we're so excited to see him out there again.  Go Purple Dragons! Hopefully, I can get better pictures during the next game.

Mark did not nap AT ALL on Saturday, but he made up for it on Sunday.  He slept for more than 2 hours.  I think we all needed a little rest time after our busy Saturday.

I made caramelized chicken for dinner yesterday when the boys' friends were over.  The recipe called for fish sauce.  When I used the fish sauce in my cooking, I heard the crowd in the playroom asking, "what's that horrible smell?"  They even thought it might have been Mark's diaper.  HAHAHA! Matthew has demanded that I never make anything using fish sauce again. I told him I couldn't make that promise.

1 comment:

  1. Your big boy is getting really big! Looks like a very fun time. I laughed at the fish sauce story! Sounds like something my kids would say. :)