Thursday, April 07, 2011

Offically, 9 Weeks and First Peek

Pregnancy confirmed! We had our first Dr.’s appointment today and we got to see the little nugget! And we got to hear the little heartbeats! Nugget is a little over an inch long and heart rate was 179/minute. The official due date is 11/9/2011. So I’m officially 9 weeks. We even got to see him move his little arms and head. Looks like he’s going to be an active little one. We got a couple of sonogram pictures and I think the big bros are going to be so excited to see them. Actually seeing him makes it all so real. Not that it wasn’t before, but now I feel like I can be emotionally attached. I was so relieved to see and hear the baby. Much more so than I thought I would be. The thing that kept running through my head was, “What if there’s no heartbeat?” Now that I’ve heard and I’ve seen Nugget, I can fall in love.


We had some lab work done and in 3 weeks we will have an ultrasound scan which will screen for any genetic disorders. I’ve forgotten how nerve-wracking these screenings and tests can be. We don’t have any history of genetic disorders, but I still get a little edgy. Nobody knows what life can throw at you. Add the fact that I’m going to be over 35 when I deliver does not help at all.

It’s very good to know that I’ve only got a few more weeks left of feeling like I want to gag every time a think about certain foods! And about 7 more weeks when we find out if Nugget is a little princess or a little toad! So many things to look forward to. And I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment