Monday, April 25, 2011

Full Weekend

This weekend went by way to fast! I can’t believe it’s already Monday and we have to get back to the conundrum of work and school. Our weekend was definitely packed. I was utterly exhausted, but had so much fun with the kiddos. On Saturday, it was all about soccer of course. Both Matthew and Michael had a great game. Michael played goalie for the first time and according to M., he made 3 awesome saves. Is there any position that he can’t play? Haha. I guess I’m allowed to brag a little. This is my blog. He also scored a couple of goals and his team won by a lot.

Matthew’s team lost, but he scored a goal to keep his streak going. The first thing he said to me after the game was that he’s going to get $10. Grandpa was going to give him $5 and daddy was going to give him $5 for his one goal. Memory like an elephant, that one. Since the game was in the morning,

I spent the afternoon not doing much. Yes, I should have put the laundry away or pick up the playroom, but I chose to take a nap. I did get the grocery shopping done, though.





GOOAAALLLLLL!
On Sunday morning, we took the boys over to G-Pa’s where the Easter Bunny left them each an Easter basket full of goodies and then we were off to Six Flags. What a perfect day for that. It was overcast and warm and since it was Easter Sunday, the park was not at all crowded. The longest line to get on a ride only took about 10-15 minutes. The boys enjoyed all the rides, but their favorites were the water rides, which doesn’t surprise me. They were even allowed to go on some of the rides on their own, which they loved! We bought season passes so we will definitely be doing this again with them. It was so fun to watch them be so delighted.
After the park, we went back to G-pa’s house for Easter dinner. Then, it was back home to get ready for the Monday ahead. Boo. Why can’t weekends last longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment