Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy New School Year!

It has been a busy week for the Fishers, and it is all revolved around the start of the school year. There was meet the teacher, 1st day of school and the first time that my babies rode the school bus to school.

Last Friday, I met with Matthew’s and Michael’s teachers. I am so happy with who they got. Matthew’s teacher, Ms. Sheffield, was voted teacher of the year last year and I’ve only heard wonderful things about her. Matthew was so excited about meeting his teacher and it was such a joy to watch him carrying his school supplies, ready to enter into this whole new world called Kindergarten. I loved seeing the pride that he carried around with him. He’s such a big boy and is so enthusiastic and eager to grow up.

M and I were able to take them to school on the 1st day. There’s just something about the 1st day of school that makes it so much fun. There’s just so much excitement in the air that it’s hard not to get sucked into it. Children wearing new school clothes with new backpacks, so excited to start the new school year. Parents with cameras and camcorders ready to capture these precious moments. Some ready and relieved to let go; others hanging on, hoping to squeeze a little more time out of their children’s babyhood. I haven’t decided which of these parents I am yet.

In any case, the boys had a great 1st day and yesterday, they started taking the school bus to school. I was very nervous; much more nervous than they were. They did great, and I am so genuinely proud of them and how independent they’ve become. They are in a brand new school, with brand new people and they have adjusted so well. I’m really looking forward to what the rest of the year will bring.

Matthew after a hard 1st day of Kindergarten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment