Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Beautiful Morning

I don't want to jinx this, but Michael and Matthew have been doing so well getting ready for school in the morning. I know it’s only been a week, but I’m hoping for the best. They get up on their own at 6:30, are dressed before they come out of their room, and head down to the kitchen for breakfast. They get to decide what they will have for breakfast the night before and, so far, they are adhering to the rule that once the decision has been made, they have to stick to it.

This morning went extremely well. We were ready to go 15 minutes early, so the boys had time to go outside and play while we waited for the bus. Even the weather cooperated; it was a nice, cool morning. I’m an optimist, but I’m no fool so I don’t expect this to happen very often. I’m taking advantage of these little pleasures and am thankful for every minute of it.

Kicking ball round..

No comments:

Post a Comment