Thursday, August 04, 2016

The Heart of Our Home - The Kitchen

Before we moved into this house a year ago, we did a complete renovation of our kitchen. It took over 5 weeks, but it was completely worth it and I love how it turned out.  I can now say that I have my dream kitchen.

This was what the kitchen looked like when we bought the house. 


This is what it looks like now (minus the everyday mess)

We removed the L island and the original island to make room for a much larger island. We moved the sink from the original L island to window and replaced pretty much everything.

I was so happy that my contractor found a double farmhouse sink. I didn't think it existed. Two dishwashers was a must.

We added an appliance garage under the microwave to hide the toaster and other small appliances. I also made sure there was room for my "coffee bar."

When I saw these marble arabesques tiles, I knew I had to have it somewhere in the kitchen and it made sense to add it to the backsplash.

And that's our kitchen.  Have  fantastic weekend!




2 comments:

  1. I literally gasped when I saw your kitchen. Beautiful job you guys. Cute blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These updates are beautiful. The kitchen appears much larger. I love the details in the backsplash. The stove makes me want to come over for dinner, and the farmhouse sinks are a super cute idea. It's like there's a bit of your personality tied into your kitchen. Great Job! Thank you for sharing this. Hoping to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete