Sunday, February 10, 2013

Year of the Snake

Happy Chinese New Year!  Welcome to the Year of the Snake. I don't do much for Chinese New Year  but my mom and dad celebrated it with my sister, my brother and his family last night. I miss it, especially the food. Abalone, fresh chicken, noodles, pork buns, fresh fruits and fish fin soup -yummo!

This year, I bought some red envelopes and put a penny is each one for Matthew to pass out to his classmates. I'm so happy I did it because the day I brought the envelopes home, Matthew was so excited.  Apparently, one of his classmates did not believe that he celebrated Chinese New Year and told him so.  When he saw the envelopes, he said, "Now I can prove to Sophia that we do celebrate Chinese New Year!" So happy to be able to help my Matty prove someone wrong.  Hahaha.

Earlier this morning, I gave the boys their red envelope from my parents, and from M and me. I love this tradition and I hope to keep it up as long as I can.










It is so nice outside today.  The boys have been playing outside all day.  Even Matthew is out playing with the neighbors.  He typically choses to stay in and play Minecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment