Monday, July 23, 2012

Trip To California - Week 1

As promised, here is the first post of our 3-week long visit to California.

Week one of our vacation was pretty mild.  It was nice to not feel like we are in an oven every time we stepped out the door.  I love the California weather and the California scenery, especially Northern California. And of course, it was nice to see my mom, dad, brother and sister again.

My brother has never met Mark in person so it was great for them to finally meet.  It was not love or even like at first sight for Marky.  He refused to be held by my brother and even went so far as to cry. Fortunately, Marky did warm up to him in a few days.  Thank goodness! Another arm to help me out...

I dreaded the flight there because it was just one little sold me and 3 rowdy boys.  If you're a mother, you understand why I was scared.  But to my delight, they were great!  Michael even held Marky while a took a quick trip to use the lavatory.

The first stop we made when we got there was to my parents donut shop.  The boys had been waiting got eat "the world's best hamburger" and wash it down with the "best donuts in the world."

We didn't do much else that except hang out, enjoy my mom's cooking.  We all went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for a day.  The weather was on the cool side and beautiful for walking around but not for ocean swimming.  The boys swam anyway. Michael got to go on the classic wood coaster called the Big Dipper - it's his favorite.  Matthew refused, but he did go on the log ride. I'm not a big roller coaster fan, so thank goodness Sandi and Kho were there to take the boys!

Happy baby at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with Poh-Poh and Gong-Gong.  Please ignore the fuzzy thing that is my fingernail in front of the lens.


Marky and Daddy



Eating homemade pizza that they made with their Kau-Foo



Loving on Poh-Poh




No comments:

Post a Comment