My baby Marky, you are 7 months old! There have been so many changes from 6 to 7 months.You are just so much more fun now. You laugh so much more and smile so much more. You see people do things and you want to do them too. When Daddy shows you how to make certain noises with objects, to try to imitate him.
You are always looking at your big brothers and observe them so intently. You love to watch them play and talk. Your face lights up and a big smile spreads across your face every time you see Michael. You love both your brothers, but you prefer Michael. And Michael just adores you. He would do anything for you. You are the first person he wants to see when he wakes up in the morning.
Your little brain is like a big super-soaker sponge and I enjoy seeing you learn and discover things. You are not fully crawling, but you are certainly mobile. You get on your hands and knees and propel yourself forward by launching your head forward.
You can almost pull yourself up all by yourself! You love to stand up and when we hold you up on the floor by your arms, you are starting to make walking movements with your chubby little legs. I think you will skip crawling completely and walk very soon.
You are a wriggle-worm. You can't stay still for a second, even when we are holding you!
You are a water baby for sure. When we went on vacation, we put you in the pool and you loved it! You were calm and we could have left you in the pool for hours!
Things to Remember:
- You are a horrible sleeper. You wake up 1-2 times at night for feeding. Thank goodness you go back to sleep right away - except when you poop. Then you want to play after we change you. You surprised me last night by sleeping from 10pm to 5:30am, though. This is only the 2nd time that this has ever happened.
- You still want us to hold you while you nap. However, we've been able to put you down in our bed a few times this month. I'm hoping to see some improvement here.
- We are trying to feed you solids, but you refuse it 99% of the time. We've tried rice, green beans, and butternut squash. you won't have any of it. We will keep trying.
- You are taking 6-8 ounces of formula every 4-5 hours. I'm not sure how that compares to other babies, but you seem content and the last check-up went well, so I'm not too concerned.
- You are still in size 3 diapers
- Your clothes size are all over the place. You can still fit into some 3 months clothes, but mostly you are wearing 6-9 months clothes.
- I'm guessing you are about 18 pounds now. We will update the stats when we visit Dr. Scott at the end of July.
|Caught a monkey by his tail!|
|You love to eat paper!|
|All you want to do is stand up.|