You are a happy, busy baby most of the time. You are not sleeping through the night yet. You have a bottle at about 10 and then wake up for another feeding at 2-3 in the morning. Then you'll wake up again at about 6 for your morning bottle. You are sleeping better because you are in our bed. Your napping is still pretty inconsistent. I don't know if that will ever change. Ms. Sarah said you slept for 5 hours yesterday. Other days you'll take catnaps.
You are right on schedule with your development. You are holding your head up, smiling, laughing, and rolling over occasionally.
You love to watch your brother. You are enamored with your Daddy. When you hear his voice, you stop whatever you are doing and look around for him. You get so excited to see him and are content to lay there and just stare at him when he's around. You love me too, but it's very obvious that you prefer your Daddy.
4 months and 3 days Stats:
Weight: 14 lbs.
Height: 25.25 Inches
Head: 17.25 Inches around
Dr. Scott recommended we wait until 6 months before we start you on cereal, but also said that it wouldn't hurt you if we did start before then. I think we'll wait a little longer. You are average height, but a little under average on weight. You are in the 90th percentile for your head, so you have a bigger head than the average baby. Haha...
Things you are loving right now:
- Sucking on your hands
- Getting attention from your brothers
- Listening to "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
- Your baths
- Car rides
- Attention from anyone
- You are starting to bounce with your little legs
- We put you on the piano walker this month - you seem to enjoy it
- You want to sit up and like to be held upright
- You are a babbler - you babble more than your bro when they were your age
- You makes lots of sounds and flail your arms a lot when we put you down-like you're trying to fly
- You have eczema-boo, but it's starting to look better. We are lubing you up with CeraVe lotion and it seems to be helping
- You wear size 2 diapers
- You are taking about 5-6oz bottles every 4-5 hours. Dr. wants us to go 8oz bottles every 6 hours. We are working towards that, but you have a hard time finishing that amount. You throw up if we go over 6 or 7 ounces.
- Your eyelashes are comin gin nnicely-they are getting almost as long as Michael's
- The right side of your head is a little flat, but Dr. says it should even out if we don't let you lay down on it for too long during the day
- 9 out of 10 people agree that you look like your Daddy!