Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Oh My Word!

Last night was one of the worst nights I’ve had in a few weeks with my little Marky. He was pretty much up all night. I got a little bit of sleep when I sat in the glider with him and fell asleep for about 3 hours. I was so frustrated and frightened because I didn’t know whether or not he was hurting. I did not know what to do with him except hold him and comfort him as much as I can. I gave him some gas drops because I thought he was gassy, but that did not help.

I finally had to just sit in the glider and hold him until he fell asleep. I knew that if I tried to put him back in his crib, he would start fussing again so I just sat there and fell asleep with him in my arms. I didn’t know what else to do.

M helped but he couldn’t get Mark to quiet down. He was not a happy Daddy to say the least.

What makes it harder is that I had to go to work in the morning. I am tired and spacey and I hope that I can concentrate enough to do what I need to get done today. Luckily, this is my first week back in the office so I am just catching up.

He’s been so good and calm lately so this was a surprise for us. We thought the fussy nights were behind us, but we were wrong. There’s nothing we can do except expect to have more bad nights and deal with it as it comes. Hopefully, it won’t happen too often.

How can someone so sweet and beautiful cause us so much agony?!



I just didn't want to exclude the big bros.  They have been so good lately.  It sure helps when we have bad nights with Marky.

No comments:

Post a Comment