Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lunch and a Movie

Matthew, Michael and I had a wonderful date on Saturday.  We had lunch at their fave spot, Steak 'n Shake and then we went and saw Journey 2: Mysterious Island in 3D.

Michael loving on little Bro
This is my 1st experience seeing a whole movie in 3D.  It was pretty cool, but I felt that my eyes get much more tired with the affect.  Michael watched most of it in 3D, but took his glasses off once in awhile.  When I asked him why he kept doing it, he said his eyes needed to rest.  I guess his eye get tired too. Not sure if the extra cost was worth the 3D, but I figured it would be a new experience.

The movie was good, but the best part was that I had 90 minutes of uninterrupted cuddle time with my little guys - no tattling, no arguing, no whining. Pure bliss. Michael even leaned over in the middle of the movie and gave me a kiss ON THE LIPS.  Lip kisses are rare occurrences now with him.  I'm allowed to kiss him on the head only when in public.

Let me tell you, it was cold, cold, cold outside so we stopped by Starbucks for some coffee and and hot chocolate - coffee for me, not the kids.

Stop by Starbucks for a little pick me up
We did not spend much time outside since it was in the low 30s this weekend.  What difference a week makes.  There's a chance for some snow flurries tonight.  I hope we get some snow.  It would be fun for the kids..and me.  I love it when it snows-so pretty.

I don't love that I've got to be in the office by 7am Monday morning so I can meet up with my boss to drive down to Dallas for a charity breakfast.  Yuck, but it's for a good cause so I shouldn't complain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment